Zum Inhalt springen

Storm Claudia Threatening Day 2 Of Cheltenham Meeting

Aus Media
Version vom 31. März 2026, 20:21 Uhr von TrentHalstead4 (Diskussion | Beiträge)
(Unterschied) ← Nächstältere Version | Aktuelle Version (Unterschied) | Nächstjüngere Version → (Unterschied)


A precautionary inspection will be held at Cheltenham tomorrow early morning ahead of the arranged seven-race Paddy Power Gold Cup card.


Strong winds and consistent rain leading produced by Storm Claudia up to the Friday of the two-day conference continued throughout the afternoon, as conditions at the track were inevitably worsened by a day's racing on the Prestbury Park turf.


With more rain projection, officials will take a look at the track at 7.30 am before the prepared second afternoon of action.


"We've had 12mm of rain through the day to add to the 7mm overnight and as we've been racing this afternoon we have actually opened up the track," clerk of the course told Racing TV.


"We've still got more rain to come, perhaps up until midnight and we could see some heavy spells in the next couple of hours. Having opened it up it makes good sense to have a look in the morning.


"The projection is stating it must be drying up from 1am and we do know that as soon as this track gets a little bit of a window with no rain it does start to drain pipes and ideally that will hold true.


Racegoers in rainy conditions throughout Countryside Day at Cheltenham Racecourse. Forecasters have provided an amber caution for rain as Storm Claudia, which was called by the Spanish meteorological service, brings heavy rainstorms and strong winds for much of the country. throughout Countryside Day at Cheltenham Racecourse. Picture date: Friday November 14, 2025.


"This is preventive, we have actually raced today and we do have that dry window. I 'd be hopeful we'll be OK for tomorrow. We'll do whatever we can to make a decision as early as we can."


Navan, due to stage the Fortria Chase and with it the reappearance of Marine National, will likewise examine at the same time due to a Status Yellow rain caution from Met Eireann.


Clerk of the course Paddy Graffin, said: "Since our ground upgrade at 7.30 am this early morning, there has actually been a further 6mm of rain at Navan.


"The ground presently stays soft to heavy, nevertheless, due to the Status Yellow rain caution from Met Eireann in location for County Meath which goes through to the early hours of tomorrow morning, we will hold a precautionary assessment at 7.30 am ahead of racing.


"This is a precautionary procedure due to the projection however the track is presently suitabled for racing and the most current upgrade from Met Eireann suggests we could get roughly an additional 10-15mm of rain in the location."